Ready or not, winter is coming and it’s coming fast. Our quick checklist will help you make sure your car is safe for the chilly season.
Each of these twelve checks can be done in a minute or less. Some could save you an inconvenience. Some of them could save your life.
You don’t need any mechanical aptitude, just a safe place with room to pop your hood and check your tyres. It can even be done at the service station as you fuel up
Before you turn out of the driveway, take a few moments to check your car is safe for the journey, and in the event of the unexpected.
- Get a Grip – Check Your Tread
- Rubber Side Down – Damage Check
- Pump It Up – Tyre Pressure Check
- Don’t Be a Drip – Oil Leak Check
- Stay Chill – Coolant Check
- Dipstick Dive – Oil Level Check
- Healthy Flow – Hose Check
- Registration Procrastination – Rego Check
- Takata Check, Today – Recall Check
- Leave the Leaves – Debris Check
- Clean the Car – Interior Check
- Genuinely Safe – Parts Check
IMPORTANT: If you are unsure, always head directly to your local vehicle dealer to have your car checked. Never get on the road if you have even a small concern about whether or not your vehicle is safe.
This is general information only. Every vehicle is different and all drivers are responsible for their own vehicles. Always consult your vehicle’s manual and contact your local dealer for advice.