We put a lot of pressure on ourselves over the Christmas period. Shops are packed, everybody wants to catch up and to-do lists can get overwhelming.
That stress can put our cars under pressure as well. It’s hot (or pouring), and the traffic is heavy. We’re often venturing far beyond our normal routes, packing up and road tripping to share the season with family and friends.
Don’t spend your annual leave on the side of the road. Before you pack the boot and get going, take a moment to check your car is safe for the journey and the unexpected.
- Get a Grip – Check Your Tread
- Rubber Side Down – Damage Check
- Pump It Up – Tyre Pressure Check
- Don’t Be a Drip – Oil Leak Check
- Stay Chill – Coolant Check
- Dipstick Dive – Oil Level Check
- Clamp Down – Hose Check
- Registration Procrastination – Rego Check
- Takata Check, Today – Recall Check
- Leave the Leaves – Debris Check
- Clean the Car – Interior Check
- Genuinely Safe – Parts Check
IMPORTANT: If you are unsure, always head directly to your local vehicle dealer to have your car checked. Never get on the road if you have even a small concern about whether or not your vehicle is safe.
This is general information only. Every vehicle is different and all drivers are responsible for their own vehicles. Always consult your vehicle’s manual and contact your local dealer for advice.